Raymond J. Deeb, M.D.
Dr. Raymond Deeb is a board certified pediatrician and a board certified Pediatric Emergency Medicine pediatrician. He has extensive experience in rendering medical care for children from the newborn age up through the age of 18.
He was born in Miami, Florida and is the youngest of four siblings. He graduated from The University of Miami School of Medicine, where he obtained his M.D. in 1990. He completed his pediatric internship at The Children's Hospital in Denver, Colorado and completed his pediatric residency at The Children's Hospital of Alabama in Birmingham, Alabama. He then completed a fellowship in Pediatric Emergency Medicine at The Children's Hospital of Alabama.
Dr. Deeb practiced as an attending pediatrician and faculty member at Emory University, School of Meicine and Egleston Children's Hospital for two years. He then practiced as an attending physician in pediatric emergency medicine at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta as Scottish Rite for more than three years. Dr. Deeb truly enjoys taking care of children and helping them stay healthy!
Dr. Deeb featured at Opportunity Nation Conference in New York City in November 2011.
In 1994, Dr. Deeb was a critical care transport physician. Living in Birmingham, Alabama at the time, he was called to pick up a critically ill child in Meridian, Mississippi. He had to drive to Mississippi via ambulance, stabilize the child at the local hospital, then transport her back to The Children's Hospital of Alabama in Birmingham. This story is a description of events which took place, and was featured at the Apollo Theater in New York City, for the Opportunity Nation summit in November 2011.
(1982-1986) B.S., University of S. Florida, Tampa, FL Biology Major - Cum Laude.
(1986-1990) M.D., University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida.
(1990-1991) The University of Colorado Health Sciences Center at The Children's Hospital, Internship-Pediatrics.
(1991-1992) The University of California San Diego Medical Center, Resident-Pediatrics
(1992-1993) The University of Alabama at Birmingham, The Children's Hospital of Alabama, Residency Completed-Pediatrics.
(1993-1995) The University of Alabama at Birmingham,The Children's Hospital of Alabama, Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship.
(1995-1997) Emory University / Egleston Children's Hospital, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Division of Emergency Medicine, and Medical Student Coordinator.
(1992) Alabama State Medical Board
(1995-Present) Georgia State Medical Board
(1989-Present) Basic Cardiac Life Support
(1990-Present) Pediatric Advanced Life Support-Provider
(1993-Present) Pediatric Advanced Life Support-Instructor
(1999-2003) Advanced Trauma Life Support
(1994-2001) American Board of Pediatrics
(1996-2003) Sub-board Pediatric Emergency Medicine
(1992-1995) Critical Care Transport Physician, University of Alabama at Birmingham/The Children's Hospital of Alabama.
(1993-1995) After Hours Pediatric Clinic.
(1995-1997) Emory University/Egleston Children's Hospital, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Division of Emergency Medicine, and Medical Student Coordinator.
(1997-2000) Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite, Pediatric Emergency Medicine Attending.
- Deeb R: "Cough and Cold Formulas - Toxicity and Treatment". The Children's Hospital Poison Information Bulletin, Southeast Child Safety Institute, Birmingham, AL, Sept 1994;24:3.
- Deeb R: "Buckle 'em up! Health Tips for Kids". Offspring Magazine, The Children's Hospital of Alabama, Birmingham, AL, Winter 1995;12-13.
- Deeb R: "Make Your Easter Eggstrodinary". Tucker Times, Decatur Dispatch, Brookhaven Buzz, Norcross News, April 2001.
(1990-Present) American Academy of Pediatrics
- "The Leading Cause of Death in Children" - Monthly Pediatric Conference - St. Vincent's Medical Center, Birmingham, AL, Jan 5, 1994; Brookwood Medical Center, Jan 18, 1994; Baptist Montclair Hospital, Mar 12, 1994.
- "The Leading Cause of Death in Children" - Practical Day of Pediatrics, May 19, 1994. University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama.
- Deeb R, Hardwick W, King W: "Comparison of pediatric residents and fellows on critical care transports". Southern Society for Pediatric Research, New Orleans, LA, Feb 1995.Deeb, R.: "Starting Your Own Practice". American Academy of Pediatrics-Georgia Meeting, St. Simmon's Island, GA, June 2002.
- "Evaluation of Pediatric Patient in the ED" - Housestaff Emergency Medicine Conference, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, Sep 1993.
- "Mammalian Bites in Children" - Monthly Conference for Pediatric Residents, The Children's Hospital of Alabama, May 26, 1994.
- "Cough and Cold Formulas - Toxicities & Treatment" - Morning Conference for Pediatric, Housestaff. The Children's Hospital of Alabama, Birmingham, AL, Spring 1994.
- "Case Conferences in Pediatric Emergency Medicine" - Presented to Pediatric Residents, The Children's Hospital of Alabama, Birmingham, AL, Spring/Fall 1993-1994.
- "Brown Recluse Spider Bites - Recognition, Evaluation, and Treatment" - Morning Conference for Pediatric Housestaff. The Children's Hospital of Alabama, Birmingham, AL, Fall 1994.
OTHER LANGUAGES SPOKEN
- Spanish-Working knowledge